March 28, 2005

The debut of Sirloin! ...Etc!

New comic up for Monday. Finally, after months of being on the Characters page, Sirloin appears in a strip. I don't count on him being much more than a bit player though, but who knows. Back story on Sirloin: A couple years ago a friend approached me with the idea of doing a weekly webcomic for his new, though now-defunct, website. I didn't want to use George at the time so I dreamed up a new one called "Almost Hip" that featured four new characters, with Sirloin being one of them. I produced a whopping one strip (actually, it was more of a panel) that was done in sort of a Penny Arcade vein before losing interest. Oh well, at least I got a fat guy named Sirloin out of the deal!

I still haven't decided if I'm going to go Monday/Wednesday/Friday with the updates, but I'm leaning towards it. I'm also thinking about doing a weekly "Make a caption for this picture!" kind of contest where each week I draw a silly one-panel comic and have users chime in with their ideas about what its caption should be. I figure the seldom-used George Forums would be a good place to hold the weekly contest. I'm thinking winners will receive a bumper sticker...once I design one. Maybe there will be more new things coming down the pike in the future, too.

No comments: