January 7, 2007

Ka-BOOM

Oh, that rascally Dave. I love this comic, I'm not ashamed to say. My buddy told me to add a joke about cranking the oven to ELEVEN, to which I responded, "That joke is SO overused." But I had to use it anyway, because it's way overused. And...ok, if you don't know what it's from, it stems from some dialogue in the movie This Is Spinal Tap where the band's guitarist, Nigel Tufnel, reveals that he has modified his amplifiers to go to 11, instead of 10. The interviewer asks him, "Why don't you just make 10 louder?" Nigel is completely baffled, and after a few moments says, "...But these go to 11." Over the past 20 years, "cranking it up to 11" has been used way too many times, but I still can't help but fondly remember the look on Nigel's face when I hear it.

No comments: