December 26, 2007

Bulldog & Cooch: The Tribute

To those of you not familiar with what's going on in today's strip, let me help explain things a little...Bulldog & Cooch (and Skull, for that matter) are characters created by Scott Kurtz, who runs a little webcomic called Player Vs. Player (just...just to clarify, it's not really a little webcomic, in fact, it's rather massively popular!). Bulldog & Cooch are basically alternate personas of two of the strip's main characters, Cole and Brent, who are a throwback to 70's/80's "buddy-cop" shows. I love Bulldog & Cooch, and that's why I decided to make this strip in tribute to them, and to Scott Kurtz. Originally, I sent him the strip to see if he liked it, but unfortunately I never received a response, which could either mean he was too busy to reply, or that he hated it. Either way, I still didn't want the strip to go unnoticed by anyone at all, seeing how it took so long to make and how much I like it. So anyway, here it is...the Bulldog & Cooch tribute strip, courtesy of George.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

I love it! When I opened my George Comics subscription e-mail this morning, I thought they got mixed up. However, I thought I recognized your style.

Merry Christmas!!

MakTheYak said...

Hey dude, love the strip. Yeah I've sent a bunch of stuff to Mr. Kurtz in the past and never received a response. Now I don't know if it got caught in his spam filter or if he just couldn't be bothered but listening to his Webcomics Weekly podcast he actually seems like a nice guy and so I don't think it's for that reason of just because he hated them...

Anyway, just wanted to let you know you're not alone in that one!

John Norton said...

Hey Laurie, hope you had a merry Christmas, too! Mak (The Yak), I know what you mean--I've sent him a few e-mails over the past several months, and while I don't expect him to take time out of his schedule to reply to them, I still can't help but wonder if they got sucked into his spam filter...oh well, glad to know my misery has company ;)